B1 Directorate - Main Responsibilities
B1 Directorate plays an important role in the existing institutional functioning of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which includes a set of supporting extroversion actions both in executive and operational level. It consists of three (3) Departments with the following responsibilities:
Ι. Department of Strategic Planning
- Monitors international economic and trade developments and competition trends aiming at the overall evaluation of international markets for Greek exports, and makes proposals on the formation of a comprehensive strategy.
- Assess, compiles, and analyzes ECA Offices suggestions concerning individual foreign markets and sectors of interest for Greece.
- Make a comprehensive and comparative evaluation of the functioning of the ECA offices. Compounding this with a market assessment makes recommendations concerning the organization, creation, suspension of operation or closure of each ECA Office.
- Presents the overall annual activities of B Directorate-General
In addition, B1 Directorate participates in Working Groups supporting the work of the Inter-ministerial Committee for Extroversion. Within this framework, it handles the shared Calendar of extroversion activities which are undertaken each year by four state bodies (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Rural Development and Food, Greek National Tourism Organization and Enterprise Greece).
ΙI. Department of the website “AGORA” management
- Operates the “AGORA” portal, i.e. collects, verifies, evaluates, handles and posts information (economic, commercial, regulatory and business-related) made available to the B1 Directorate by the ECA Offices as well as other institutional entities.
- Records, reviews and posts on AGORA’s public calendar the overall annual planning of extroversion activities of the ECA offices, in conjunction with the planned actions of state and private agencies, and updates it on a regular basis.
III. Department of Evaluation, supervision and Coordination of the ECA offices
- Ensures the proper implementation of the Quality Management System by the ECA offices.
- Handles and make good use of the benefits of the Quality Management System and upgrades it when necessary.