The B4 Directorate oversees bilateral economic and commercial relations between Greece and the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Switzerland as well as the Countries of the European Union and the European Economic Space (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein). Its activities include :
- Closely following the evolution in bilateral economic and trade relations and participating in related talks taking place in Greece or abroad
- Handling issues pertaining to commercial, economic and technical cooperation
- Preparation of contracting Agreements
- Formulation of recommendations for the development of bilateral economic relations, and setting objectives, when planning the organization of delegations and business events
- Drafting and keeping up to date notes for the use of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other Ministries
- Communication and collaboration with the Hellenic Embassies and Commercial and Economic Affairs Offices abroad, the other Ministries, Institutions and Authorities in Greece as well as with the foreign Embassies
- Contribution to the export - oriented promotional activities to the Countries of its jurisdiction.