B1 Directorate of Extroversion Planning and Coordination of Extroversion Bodies
B1 Directorate of Extroversion Planning and Coordination of Extroversion Bodies is responsible for:
- formulating proposals for improving the institutional framework of extroversion and promoting international business cooperation
- monitoring the actions of the External Service of Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)and other Greek extroversion bodies and agencies related to the principles and objectives of the Strategic and Operational Extroversion Plan.
- promoting the national brand and image of Greek products abroad,
- monitoring issues of protection of Greek trademarks, Protected Names and Geographical Indications abroad, in cooperation with the competent ministries;
- coordinating and monitoring extroversion agencies supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
B1 Directorate consists of three (3) Departments with the following responsibilities:
Department I for the Promotion of Extroversion is responsible for:
informing the Greek sectoral associations and chambers of commerce of the Annual Plans and the progress of economic diplomacy actions of the Strategic and Operational Extroversion Plan of the MFA and recording the problems that Greek enterprises face in foreign markets.
- implementing the annual National Strategic Extroversion Plan, in cooperation with the ECA Offices, other Directorates of the MFA, supervised Government bodies and agencies of the private sector,
- cooperating with national or international, public or private sector agencies for monitoring export support actions
- monitoring and participating in the actions of public or private business entities that aim to enhance the exports of Greek products and services and to support Greek business activities, in cooperation with the "Hellenic Investment and Foreign Trade Company SA",
- developing relationships with start-up businesses,
- monitoring issues of protection of Greek trademarks, Protected Names and Geographical Indications abroad,
- monitoring implementation of product promotion actions under EU promotion programs in the European Union and third countries,
Department II for the Coordination of Extroversion Bodies is responsible for:
- monitoring and coordinating the extroversion bodies supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- coordinating and elaborating on suggestions on the preparation of the annual business plans of the "Hellenic Investment and Foreign Trade Company SA", in the framework of the Strategic and Business Plan of Extroversion., and preparing relevant information reports, suggestions or proposals to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
- coordinating the organization of business missions abroad with the "Hellenic Investment and Foreign Trade Company SA" and Greek Diplomatic and Consular missions and ECA Offices
Department III for Special Investments Attraction is responsible for:
- operating as a point of contact for communication and cooperation at Member State and EU level, with respect to EU Regulation no. 2019/452,
- coordinating foreign direct investment special matters
- attracting the interest of research centers and centers of excellence of multinational companies, in cooperation with other government agencies
- attracting the interest of investment funds and special venture capital funds for the development of Greek start-ups in cooperation with other government agencies