B5 Directorate is responsible for the bilateral economic relations of Greece with Central and South America, sub-Saharan African and Asian countries. The Directorate is competent primarily for:
- the study and submission of proposals aiming at the development of the bilateral economic relations with the above countries
- the preparation of the suitable institutional framework of economic cooperation via the conclusion of agreements
- the monitoring and handling of issues related to the commercial, economic and technical cooperation
- the preparation and process planning of the interstate committees and the bilateral negotiations
- the monitoring of the economic and commercial relations with the above countries in collaboration with the Hellenic Embassies and the Offices of Economic and Commercial Affairs, other Ministries and Bureaus, and entities or bodies of the private and public sectors in Greece as well with the foreign Embassies.